Activities > Domain of Expertise > Architecture
IT Architecture Expertise
Responsible for Application Architecture and Infrastructure Architecture in
several projects in different industries.
- Responsible for logical and physical architecture of a major mobile
portal for a large European telecom company - migrating existing payment
solution to Vodafone ER solution, integration of 3PI (third party integration)
services (Sony Network, TV Streaming, Radio, External Email etc.). Coordinated
technical activities of several team located in several countries in Europe.
Created strong technical liaison with other European operators. Coordinated
technical support with Vodafone Global in USA.
- Responsible for the technical input into the business case for the
first SOA based pilot-project that had to conform to technical modernization
requirements (elimination of legacy mainframe system 3M lines of code and
replacement with a SOA based system). The project involved examination of
build vs. buy or a combination of both in designing the technology and
application architecture to meet current and future business needs.
- Participated in several technical meetings and demos with subject matter
experts (Forester Research, FileNet, Remedy, IBM, Hummingbird, and OpenText)
in order to understand their products and functionality, learned about
existing deployments and solutions of similar scale in other industries
(insurance, mortgage etc.), participated in several product demos and case
- Responsible for technical architecture using Zachman Framework of health
system implementation including objectives, area of interest, business
location, business logistics system, distributed architecture, technology
model – system architecture, hardware components, server’s software
components, solution benefits.
- Responsible for J2EE/Struts/Hibernate technical architecture of
Transmissible Disease Tracking System that allows all health units to exchange
securely health records/documents, to report transmissible diseases, to run
all kind of electronic investigations and data manipulation/reporting.
- Prepared overall architecture plans, blue prints, supported the
preparation of accurate business plans, validated technical specifications
with the vendor involvement, assisted procurement in getting the right pieces
of information, audited received hardware/software.
- Created Application Architecture Design Document based on Zachman
Framework - ARC Checkpoint 2 and 3 - (Logical Application Architecture,
Logical Application Deployment Model, Role/Process Cross Reference, Functional
& Non-functional Requirements, Infrastructure Component Placement Diagram,
Infrastructure Pattern Match, Logical Security Architecture Diagram, Logical
Threat Risk Assessment, Privacy Risk Analysis Report)
- Responsible for PIA (Privacy Impact Assessment) and TRA (Threat Risk
Assessment) for medium health sensitivity web based file submission interface.
- Taught 2 month courses in Asia on Software Architecture - from a practical
point of view, real life experience, tools, and best practices (Methodologies:
RUP, Extreme Programming).